Thursday, May 8, 2014

Crazy Dog Parents

This past weekend we decided to celebrate Olive's second birthday by having some friends and their pooches over to eat Pok-e-Jo's fajitas. For whatever reason, John and I never have parties for our own birthdays, so we thought this would be a good excuse to get together with people. We kept it pretty small to avoid overwhelming Olive and my mother-in-law's backyard, which is where we gathered since our yard isn't large enough to accommodate everyone.

I made an invitation in Photoshop, and next week (or the week after?) I'll post step-by-step instructions on how I did it.

My mother-in-law doesn't actually live at 12345 Main Street... wouldn't that be cool

Are you ready for some blurry pictures? I wasn't very focused on picture-taking, and I just set my camera to automatic and didn't review what I shot. Stupid me should have set it to a much faster shutter speed. Ah well.

"Why doesn't this taste like Cool Whip?"

Bentley

Simon, hoarding tennis balls. He spent a lot of time trying to pick up two at a time. Bahaha

I mean, you have to have balloons at a party, right?!
This was the extent of my decorations.

Olive (for the most part) played nicely with the other dogs. At one point
she got a little territorial over her bowl of Cool Whip water,
but who wouldn't?! "Cooooool Whiip... COOL WHIP!" Sing it!

Toby

Playing chase

Whoosh!! Cousin Hank is here!

It was a tight squeeze...

Hank really, really wanted to eat fajitas with us. Nom nom nom

John's grandparents came to celebrate with us because they had never been to a dog's
birthday party and wanted to see what it was all about. Makes sense to me!

A friendly game of tug-of-war with a highly coveted stick

The three of us

So, have you ever lost your mind and done something silly like celebrated your dog's birthday? I actually felt much less ridiculous once the party got started. It really was the perfect excuse to get everyone together, and luckily it wasn't insanely hot. Still hot, but a little cooler than it had been during the previous week. Double bonus: I jokingly invited one of my college friends/bridesmaids who lives in New Orleans to come for the party, and she actually did! We had a blast seeing the Austin sights during her 4 day stay, including my new favorite thing--segway tours. OHMYGOD get yourself on a segway.

No comments:

Post a Comment