Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I Can Die Happy

I MET JOHN AND SHERRY PETERSIK. AND TALKED TO THEM. 

Allow me to collect myself. Ok, so. John and Sherry had their book signing tonight at Book People. My fellow DIY nerd friend, Gina, and I planned on meeting there at 5, even though the signing wasn't until 7. The girl at the front desk said they wouldn't even put chairs out until 6:30, which meant that we would be standing in line for the seats for an hour and a half so we wouldn't have to stand while John and Sherry spoke. The funny thing was... no one was there. So yes, I felt silly getting there early. Luckily, I went upstairs and noticed that they were actually already setting chairs out! I snagged a seat in the front center and reserved the one next to me for Gina while she parked. I was just about dying of excitement and amazement that I was going to be this close to John and Sherry.


I am so not the kind of person that gets wrapped up in celebrities and Hollywood news, but let me tell you, when it comes to John and Sherry, I'm excitable. I made a watercolor map of Austin (like I did here) to give to them. I even planned on putting it in my favorite floating frame since I had an extra one lying around, but then I realized they'd probably hate me for giving them a large, breakable item to fly back home. So, I went and picked up a shipping envelope that had cardboard pieces inside to keep documents from getting bent. The only thing was... it was ugly. So of course I had to wrap it up and include one of the tags I made for my Christmas presents.


At 7:03... they came out!!


John apparently wanted Sherry to stand on the other side, so he pulled her over, haha.


Her mic was super short so she spent a few minutes trying to adjust it... then gave up. She was hilarious. It was awesome. I love her.



Everyone was put in a group based on when they bought their book from Book People, and I was in Group A! Somehow I managed to be the very first person. I was super excited but also nearly fainted on my way over to them. But seriously.


Sherry opened my map...


Looked a little nervous...


Then (I think) loved it!!


And we took a picture :)


And they signed my book :)


And then we got one with Gina :)


As they were signing her book Gina totally chickened out and decided not to ask Sherry to draw her something, so I piped up that Gina wanted a corgi and Sherry drew her one!!



I'm pretty much just speechless. And all smiles.

OMG JOHN AND SHERRY PETERSIK. #myheroes #realpeople

2 comments:

  1. I was at the Austin event too! Crazy to see them in person. I love the map you made of Austin...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're really fun to make :) I've made one for every place my fiance and I have been together so I have a nice little collection started!

      Delete