Monday, April 28, 2014

Syndication Solution

New Policies
The Austin Board of Realtors (ABOR) has announced that starting May 1st, they will no longer syndicate listings that are entered in the MLS. This new policy could have a large impact on your ability to sell your home, depending on the agent you choose to represent you.

Did you know that 95% of homebuyers start their search online? With information about the thousands of homes that are currently for sale just a click away, the internet is a smart place for buyers to get their feet wet. I'm sure you're familiar with many of the prominent websites that host this information, such as Zillow, Trulia, Home Finder, Homes.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more. Would you be shocked to hear that starting this week, ABOR will no longer push listings to any of these websites?

A strong online presence is a key aspect of advertising your home, and helps ensure it receives the most interest, and ultimately, the most money in your pocket. With nearly 30% of all home sales being facilitated via these types of websites, sellers can't afford to have their homes kept off highly trafficked sites. With ABOR's new policy, home listings will only be syndicated to three websites: austinhomesearch.com, realtor.com, and texasrealestate.com.

Since listings will not be automatically pushed to countless high-profile sites like they currently are, it will be up to agents to decide whether or not they spend the copious amounts of time manually entering their listings into dozens of sites to provide their clients' homes with the exposure they deserve.


My Solution
The work-around for this issue is yet another reason I'm thankful to be a part of the Keller Williams family. Because we are such a large company, we have our very own in-house listing service, which pulls in all of our listings from the MLS. After that data is received, it's syndicated out to over 900(!) websites, so our clients' homes have the most exposure possible. While I probably couldn't name 100 real estate websites, much less 900, the impact is simple: if you list your home with me, your home will be exposed to the most buyers possible.


As far as we know, KW is the only brokerage with an internal listing service (known as the KWLS), which means our company is the only one who will not experience a moment of change when this new policy goes into effect. Rather than spending my time entering and re-entering information about my sellers' homes into website after website, KW will automatically do this for me, which helps ensure I reserve my time for more productive activities, such as finding buyers for my listings, communicating with my clients, and educating myself on our ever-changing market.

If you're interested in listing your home for sale with an agent who isn't affiliated with Keller Williams, I urge you to ask them how they plan to market your home, and how quickly they will have information about it available on prominent websites.

A strong online presence is only one facet of my advertising package. If you want to hear more about what I do to get top dollar for my sellers' homes, give me a call!



No comments:

Post a Comment